David Hoy & Associates (DH&A) has a commitment to provide great therapeutic care to kids and families! Our dedication to training interns to be the best therapists they can be, is demonstration of this commitment.
Our intern program has been put together with great intention. The team structure allows for more collaboration, support, and educational opportunities. The progression of learning ensures all interns are prepared for every step they take in their role as a therapist. These two guiding concepts of our intern program work to ensure our purpose to provide experience and opportunities, which are beneficial to all parties.
The internship program is open to students finishing a Master’s level degree in a counseling field. The interns help DH&A stay connected to the academic information guiding the work of therapy, while our experienced therapists and supervisors support the interns in learning the art of applying the research into a relational practice.
Intern Program Structure
- Our interns are paid for their time with clients.
- Intentional focus on teaching, training, and exploring what it is to be the best therapist each unique intern can be.
- Structured progression from learning necessary client paperwork and policies to shadowing DH&A practitioners working with clients and families, and finally carrying own caseload of in-home clients.
- Team and Cohort groups of 2-6 interns starting three times per year (January, May, and September) with a 9 month commitment.
- Intern teams overlap with 6+ interns total at any one time.
- Weekly Individual supervision.
- Weekly intern team meetings facilitated by intern team supervisors…
- Demonstrating techniques and activities to use with clients and families.
- Discussing questions and concerns regarding client care.
- Connection, collaboration, and support between interns.
As an advanced intern team, we will collectively educate, encourage, and support one another toward advancing our individual skills for therapeutic intervention.
Intern Supervisors and Team Leaders:
Kristina Boylan MA LMFT
Clara Buxton, MA LMFT
To apply for our internship program you can fill out the online application, or e-mail your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, make sure to indicate when you would like your internship to begin.