In-Home Mental Health Services
David Hoy & Associates was among the first to provide in-home services to children struggling with Severe Emotional Disturbances, and their families. We are certified by the State of Minnesota as Children’s Therapeutic Support Services (CTSS) providers. We work with youth and their families in home, at school, and within their communities. We coordinate services with other involved providers such as, Case Managers, Social Workers, Mentors, Teachers, and Clergy.
All clients are eligible to receive in-home counseling. Services are paid for by Medical Assistance Insurance Plans, Prepaid Medical Assistance insurance plans or paid by the individual family out-of-pocket.
Who are we?
- We are a team of experienced mental health professionals who provide counseling and life skills services in your homes, schools and community settings
- Our team members bring a wide array of experience from past and present work in child and family serving agencies
- We work closely social workers, case managers, school personnel and others to provide quality mental health care
Who do we serve?
- Families with children at risk for out-of-home placements or in need of transitional services following a placement
- Children who struggle with emotional and behavioral disorders, including depression and anxiety
- Children who have difficulties in school settings and with truancy
- Families who need community support
- Children with problematic antisocial patterns of behavior
- Children who have experienced abuse, neglect and other forms of trauma.
- Children on probation or at risk of entering correctional systems
How do we work?
- Therapy and skills services are provided in least restrictive settings (home and community based)
- Parents and primary care givers are equal partners in treatment planning
- Assessments include a description of strengths and needs in all areas of functioning (i.e. family, school, peer group, community etc.)
- Treatment plans are individualized to meet unique developmental needs of families and children
- Therapists and skills practitioners work to improve relationships between parents/primary care givers and children
- Practitioners coordinate services between formal and informal support systems to meet diverse needs of families and children.
What are the benefits?
- Interventions in natural settings are cost effective and promote long lasting change
- Sessions are scheduled around needs of families (i.e. working parents and children in school)
- Therapists combine solid clinical skill with creativity and compassion to help families in difficult situations
- Studies prove that multisystemic interventions are more effective than traditional methods for families with complex needs. (Dr. Scott Henngeler, Family Services Research Center, University of South Carolina).
Working with a counselor:
- We gather insurance information (usually medical assistance or prepaid medical assistance, PMAP’s) for home based services
- Practitioners are assigned based on individual and family needs
- You have the option to pay cash if you do not wish to go through insurance.
Please call us if you have any questions about our services: (763) 544-1006. Your privacy is respected.
Kristen Kokesch, MA
Kristen is passionate about working with children, adolescents and families in managing emotions, stressors and any other difficulties that may be coming up. She loves…Read More
Armani Cartlidge, MA, LPCC
Armani is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor. She started at David Hoy & Associates as an intern, and now works as an In-Home Mental Health…Read More
Shannon Cepeda, BA
Shannon holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Psychology from the University of Minnesota. In her career, she has worked with children of many ages and…Read More
Mary Colucci, MA, LMFT
Mary has been with David Hoy & Associates since fall 2017. She started as an intern and was hired as an In-Home Mental Health practitioner…Read More
Matthew Dang, MA
Matthew works with individuals by using a holistic and teleological approach to understanding human behavior and dynamics. He strives to bring compassion, patience, and understanding…Read More
Naajee Dennis, MA
Naajee has a Master’s of Arts in counseling from Saint Mary’s University. Naajee has experience working with children and adults ages 5 to 60 and…Read More
Scott Egleston, BA
Scott Egleston BA, CASOS is an In-Home Mental Health Practitioner for David Hoy and Associates, providing community-based mental health services. Scott has over 35 years…Read More
Keelee Emanuel, MA
Keelee has her Master’s in Counseling from Bethel University. She provides in home therapy and skills services to children and families. Keelee has experience working…Read More
Gretchen Haisman, MA, LMFT
Gretchen is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She has a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. …Read More
Tim Jacquin, MA
Tim is an In-Home Mental Health Practitioner with a Master of Arts Degree from Argosy University. Tim works with children, adolescents, families, and couples from…Read More
Jennifer Littlewolf, MSW, LICSW
Jenny has a Master’s in Social Work from the University of St. Thomas and is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker. She has experience as…Read More
Debra McGuffee, MA, LMFT
Debra is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She graduated with honors from Alfred Adler Graduate School in Minnesota and has 14 years of experience…Read More
Thao Nguyen, MA, LMFT
Thao enjoys working with individuals, children, and their families on developing positive attitudes towards themselves and others as well as creating opportunities to strengthen the…Read More
Amber Rothlisberger, MA LPCC
Amber is a graduate from St. Mary’s University with a Master’s of Art degree. She specializes in working with individuals, couples and families struggling with…Read More
Greg Sawyer, MA, LMFT
Greg is a social justice minded, client centered therapist who engages in a multi-disciplinary, culturally sensitive, collaborative approach to interventions. He possesses a strong understanding…Read More
Jillian Sirany, MA
Jillian holds of Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology, with a Family Psychology Concentration from the University of St. Thomas. She is working towards…Read More
Darcy Steinhaus, MSW, LICSW
Darcy holds of Master’s of Social Work degree with a focus on Children and Families from the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities and is a…Read More
Kayla Wacek, MA
Kayla has a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Cloud State University. She is working on obtaining her Marriage and Family Therapy…Read More
Marisha Weihe, MA
Marisha holds a Master of Arts Degree in Adlerian Counseling and Psychotherapy from Alfred Adler Graduate School. She is an art therapist and mental health…Read More
Jamie Wersal, MA
Jamie has a degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota and is working towards licensure. Jamie has experience working with…Read More